Vinosea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0

2 posters

Go down

Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0  Empty Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0

Post by Uthxis Thu 20 Apr - 21:22

It Won't Be The End Of It

Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0  18547034759_6b0c00d429_o

There it is,  the most miserable place you could have imagined to end up.

Bahyrst... the rot that spoils Vinosea. We're not just talking a small village of fiends, it's a whole city that is immensely corrupted. Almost everything is permitted here and it's disregarded and even protected. Anyway you should know... as you have been kidnapped by slavers. You knew what to possibly expect, living in Batun, a city sadly pray to slavers... but even then, you never imagined it could happen to you. Anyway, no need to remind yourself of how horrible your situation is again and again. You won't let it happen, oh never!

Here you are, sitting in a cell on the side of a crummy bed with the thinnest mattress. Even though it is far from appealing you are still really tired... and you know you will need sleep. You got... drugged, you think, as you don't remember anything before getting transported and it left your body weary.

You are wearing used slave rags. Which is kind of disgusting, but it's that or be naked... which doesn't feel like a safe option. You haven't
dared search your clothes yet as you spent some time being shocked.

Your hands are free. Your wrists hurt a little, probably was handcuffed while being unconscious.

Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0  Acaratus_concept_art___prison___by_klauspillon-d7ap9hx

There is a guard posted outside on the side of your cell out of your view. You can't see them right now, but you can hear mouth sounds and breathing, also feel their presence. You're not sure you should try any communication, but who knows. You can recall that people here crazily likes bribes... but you don't find this information really pertinent at the moment as you've got nothing to give.

Today wasn't your lucky day and no need to remind you why.

Your eyelids are heavy. You could go to sleep so tomorrow comes quicker and you don't have to be conscious while in that cell any longer or maybe you could hang in there for a little longer. Maybe there's stuff left in this cell... but you gotta be careful. You know how they treat slaves that disobey.

Last edited by Game Master on Fri 21 Apr - 21:27; edited 1 time in total
Uthxis
Uthxis
Admin
Admin

https://vinosea.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0  Empty Re: Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0

Post by Akokat Thu 20 Apr - 21:50

The oppressing feeling of the cell makes me almost nauseous. Laying down seems really tempting at the moment, but I know I wont be able to sleep even if my body is telling me otherwise. I decide to look around, stretching my whole body, trying to wake up a little. I'm one of the few luck who gets to have a window, but all the cells are basically a cage encrusted in a wall. I can hear sobbing, cries, and all sort of sounds that I’m sure I don’t want to know the source.

I try to find something that the former occupant of this cell may have left behind; something written on the wall, a tool, a book or... anything really, what else can I do anyway? I just want to do something with myself right now, I don’t want to wait here with my arm crossed until something happen. I don't forget that I should be careful though. The less attention I get, the better it should be.

Akokat carried out 1 launched of one Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0  JCR1V2O (d20.) :
Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0  DZNMnM2
Akokat
Akokat
Capricious Gentleman
Capricious Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0  Empty Re: Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0

Post by Uthxis Thu 20 Apr - 22:58

No time to sleep, not yet. You lean in to see if the guard is in view and still not. Even more, you can hear footsteps going away. You slowly get up, a bit weak and start searching around your cell. The walls made in bricks, it's easy to hide small objects.

You touch the bricks, carefully examined all the crevices. You try to act quickly, but are slowed down by doing your best to stay quiet. You think it's better to be careful, but slow than fast and sorry.

After some time, you're not sure how much as you lost track, you finally find something in a brick crevice. Taller than you so your eyes can't see, your fingers comes in contact with a cold elongated object. You carefully get hold of it.

You acquire a shiv. You're not sure what it is made of... possibly a scale that's been sharpened wrapped with a bit of what appears to be bits of slave rags like you wear.

A voice suddenly roars

'Hey you! Come over here!!'

It's the guard! You never heard them come back. They have not seen the shiv yet, which is still in your hand.
Uthxis
Uthxis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akokat Thu 20 Apr - 23:06

The voice surprised me as I was shock finding such a weapon here. I really wasn't expecting this...neither the guard getting closer without noticing. I step back quickly, leaning against the wall behind me.

"What is it?" I say, will I try to hide the newly found shiv inside of the cracks between the bricks.

Akokat carried out 1 launched of one Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0  JCR1V2O (d20.) :
Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0  CoLuFZo
Akokat
Akokat
Capricious Gentleman
Capricious Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Uthxis Thu 20 Apr - 23:29

'C'mon cutie pie, I haven't got to see ya yet.'

You don't come closer as they asked, so they loudly bang on the door with their bare fist.

'HEY! - They lower their voice after, approaching a whisper- We doing bets in here, ya hear? I need to see ya pretty face to decide on my bet... buyers are comin' tomorrow.' They laugh and bang on the door again.

'Might get bought, fucker. I hear one o' the buyer will be that one guy... uuuh don't remember who! but he's the craziest. He loves it when his slaves try to fight back.... ehehe sick bastard.' Their smile curves and you get the worst feelings.

You hide the shiv without being noticed and by far as you can tell... they just seems to be here to pester you...

'So you gettin' closer before I enter in that damn cell you stupid slave???'
Uthxis
Uthxis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akokat Fri 21 Apr - 10:50

As if the thought of being bought like some item at a store wasn’t making me feel sick enough, just the mention of this anonymous buyer sent me chills. At least I know I got to be careful of that kind of person now.

Since this guard seem incline in giving information, I’ll do as they ask and I get closer. As I approach, I can see that they look like some kind of really imposing crocodile in heavy armor. They order me to get closer until I’m pressing against the bars of my cell. At that moment, they passed their arm through them and roughly grabbed my face, turning it to see every angles. I’m tightening my grip against the bars, trying to endure the treatment as I feel their claws dangerously poking my skin, knowing full well that any wrong movement could cause me a pretty serious injury.
Then the thought of being up for buying came again and I instantly feel panic. I gotta get out of here somehow before that happens. I try to to breath slowly, trying to calm myself. I’ll try to get some more information about what happens tomorrow.

“How does the buying usually go? Is it some kind of auction?” I ask as calmly as possible.

Rolling for CHARISMA
Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0  4huZUzH
Akokat
Akokat
Capricious Gentleman
Capricious Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Uthxis Fri 21 Apr - 18:04

The guard grins wide as you approach as asked. 'Ah, a good boy you are... a good, good boy'

As soon as you are withing their reach, their grabby scaly hand grabs you for a good inspection. 'Oooh ya, you gettin' bought fo' sure.' They let go of you to wave their hand as a signal to stay close and you should obey... for now. 'So sad you won't stay for long honey...'would have loved to chat with ya more often'

Normally, guards aren't supposed to chat with the prisoners or slaves, but in Bahyrst no one seems to really cares about rules. At least this one doesn't really.

'Ay, you a cute one. So soft on ma' scales... I know a few that'd like to have ya, but tomorrow's buyers have priority, boo!'

They lean on the wall next to them. 'Just because ya cute I'll tell ya what you ask...' They smile with their wide long grin. 'Kind of... it's a bit wild how it works. It becomes an auction if many wants you.. so ya, most likely' They laugh grossly and loudly. 'They'll ask you stuff... many also ask to do things for them... I'd suggest ya do it, cutie... or it may not be pretty! Remember ya a slave now! Wheneheheh! you'll see anyway eh?' They bang on the door again, you think they're just kind of crazy at this point. 'The richest will get ya. Unless you lose their interest... you probably can manage, ya look smart! Lookit that, makin' me talk that much, eh!'

Last edited by Game Master on Fri 21 Apr - 21:08; edited 3 times in total
Uthxis
Uthxis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akokat Fri 21 Apr - 21:02

My jaw muscles tightens, but my poker face stays there. Getting treat like this... only makes me want to punch them in the nose, but I can only imagine the repercussions for this action. Instead, I stay docile, they seem pretty willing to talk to me. Their gaze is heavy and their desire towards me obvious. I could probably use this at my advantage... but I just can’t bring myself to do it and something tells me it could also get my situation even worst.

So from what I understand, we don’t get out of our cells when the time comes... The buyers will go from one cell to another until they find one they like... It does seems pretty chaotic. I am not comfortable with the idea of getting... requests. Just by the grin of the scaly guard tells me its exactly what I’m thinking about. I feel like I’m about to puke. I focus on my breathing and what the humanoid crocodile is telling me. That’s it, I just gotta observe well and act accordingly to lose their interest. It should be fairly easy... right?

I’m feeling light-headed. My eyes are heavier, just like my whole body. I’m still holding myself against the bar. Oh no, they noticed how much they talk, maybe I could try one last time.

“And what happens next? How does it go? Do we get shipped or we go with the buyer the same day?” I ask, trying my luck again.

Rolling for CHARISMA
Campaign - It Won't Be The End Of It - Chapter 0  PCwjeoc
Akokat
Akokat
Capricious Gentleman
Capricious Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Uthxis Fri 21 Apr - 21:22

The guards closes their jaw in a clapping sound and immediately chuckles at your brief surprise. They treat you like you're a cute pet. You find it difficult to feel so dehumanized.

'Enough shortie! Ya know ya got a biiig mouth! Careful with that...'

They replace their pants and seems to be ready to move on from your cell. The crocodile leans one last time as close to your bars as they can. 'Like I said, just be smart 'bout it. I know ye can, eh? Who knows I'll find ye as a free elf one day!' They burst laughing. 'Oh, but I doubt it!! Those buyers are not amateurs!' They tap on their snoot 'Shh! Enough, enough... alright, goodbye cutie. Ya better sleep, it's already late... ya got a big day tomorrow, tssk tssk!'

They wink at you and start strolling away. Phew... peace again. It's true, it might be wise to go to sleep. You went around the cell enough earlier, you don't believe there is anything more. You managed to get a bit of information and also a sneaky weapon. Maybe giving away the weapon could have helped having more information, but you believe that self defense is much more worth it.

Your luck redeemed itself a little.
Uthxis
Uthxis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akokat Sat 22 Apr - 19:11

Do they actually like me or are they just messing with me? Either way, I’m glad they’re finally gone. I treasure this moment of peace before the storm that’s going to happen tomorrow. Every thought is spinning in every direction in my mind, it’s getting hard to focus. I drag myself to what’s suppose to be a bed, but before letting myself drop on it, I go back to where I quickly hid the shiv. I still can’t believe I actually find this kind of weapon here of all places... Is life telling me some kind of message? I shake my head; it really is time to sleep now.

But first, I gotta make sure I wont have bad surprises tomorrow. Now’s the time since there’s no guard around. I cut a long piece of the already torn sheet on the bed and another smaller one. I wrap the weapon in the latter, I take the rags that serves me as short half way down and then I tie the homemade pouch to my left hip with the longer piece of fabric; turning around my hips twice and then go down my leg so it wont poke out weirdly. I put the shorts back on and the illusion is working perfectly. I can also easily grab the handle and pull it out quickly. I feel my heartbeat getting faster as I think about the possibilities of using the shiv... the scenarios of everything that could happen that would make me pull out this weapon...

I lay down carefully on the bed. Luckily, I don’t think there’s a chance of getting stab by the way I tied it up against my tight, but that’s not what’s scaring me the most right now anyway. The fear of the unknown and the anticipation is usually much more paralyzing than the actual thread...... usually is the key word here though. I’m in Bahyrst, the worst place I could be right now on this whole continent. I close my eyes (they were closing on their own anyway) and try to meditate; I’ll need to have all my head and energy tomorrow, that’s one the few things I know for sure right now.

After some times, I finally fall in a deep sleep. With some luck, maybe it will be a restful night.

End of Chapter 0
Akokat
Akokat
Capricious Gentleman
Capricious Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum